The Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Issues (GISOI) was formed in 1994 and is comprised of representatives appointed by the Chancellor from members of faculty, staff and students at UC San Diego. The charge of the committee is:
- To identify and analyze issues relating to the lesbian gay bisexual transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community at UC San Diego, including faculty, staff and students,
- To work with all departments to address policy and procedures that would affect the LGBTI community,
- To inform and educate the UC San Diego community about conditions affecting the LGBTI community in their areas, and
- To advise and make recommendations to the Chancellor regarding policies and procedures that will enhance the equality of the LGBTI community at UC San Diego.
- Committee members are chosen biannually in even-numbered years before the fall meeting. You may apply at any time.
- 2 year commitment for faculty and staff representatives, and
- 1 year minimum commitment for undergraduate student, graduate student and postdoctoral scholar representatives.
- Attend one fall, winter, and spring GISOI meeting the fourth Wednesday of each quarter from 2 - 3:30 p.m.,
- Attend one summer retreat typically in the middle of the quarter for approximately five hours, and
- Allow one to three additional hours per month depending on level of involvement.