The Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Issues (GISOI) was formed in 1994 and is comprised of representatives appointed by the Chancellor from members of faculty, staff and students at UC San Diego. For the 2018-2019 academic year, GISOI is charged to:
- Continue its advisory subgroup work on LGBTQIA+ Issues in Health Sciences to recommend enhancements to inclusive policies and practices throughout the organization;
- Continue to recommend changes which improve transgender access and inclusion in all UC San Diego facilities, policies and practices; and
- Continue to provide counsel regarding data collection and analysis in relation to understanding and improving the experiences of LGBTQIA+ students, faculty and staff.
- Committee members are chosen biannually in even-numbered years. Recruitment applications are solicited during Fall Quarter but accepted year round.
- 2 year commitment for faculty and staff representatives, and
- 1 year minimum commitment for undergraduate student, graduate student and postdoctoral scholar representatives.
- Attend one fall, winter, and spring GISOI meeting. For 2018-2019 the meeting dates will be: Wednesday November 7, 2018 from 2-4pm; Wednesday February 6, 2019 from 2-4pm; and Wednesday May 8, 2019 from 2-4pm.
- Attend one summer retreat typically in August for approximately five hours, and
- Allow one to three additional hours per month depending on level of involvement.